Here it is, April already – Can you believe it?!
This week, we launched my “You Are A Badass!” fitness challenge group, and one of the most frequently asked questions we hear from clients is, “What are some good snack ideas?”
Most of my clients tell me that they do well with meal prepping and planning meals because that part is easy — have a Shakeology for breakfast, a lean protein with some veggies & complex carbs for lunch and for dinner, throw a piece of fruit here and there in between… But what ELSE?
Most of us simply don’t get enough fruits & veggies, so when we embark on a real-food no-nonsense nutrition plan such as 21 Day Fix, it seems overwhelming to eat ALL the food we need.
So, how DO we get all of the food we need, without eating huge piles of salad and chowing a bushel of apples?
To help answer that question, I’ve put together a list of some excellent healthy snack recipes that I’ve tried and enjoyed, from some blogs that I love!
Ready?? 🙂 Here they are:
1. The Girl Who Ate Everything – Healthy Peanut Butter Balls
2. Fit Foodie Finds – Apple Nachos
3. 17 Apart – Sweet Potato Chips
4. 365ish Pins – Baked Apple Chips
5. A Farm Girl’s Dabbles – Jessica’s Banana Apple Bran Muffins
6. Amy’s Healthy Baking – Simple Herbed Quinoa Crackers
7. Bake Your Day – Corn and Black Bean Salsa
8. Brown Eyed Baker – Homemade Cheez-Its
9. The Comfort of Cooking – Baked Salt + Vinegar Sweet Potato Chips
10. Delish Knowledge – Pizza Crackers with Pizza Hummus
11. Barefeet in the Kitchen – Sweet and Spicy Almonds with Brown Sugar and Cayenne
12. Fit Foodie Finds – Cherry Pie Energy Balls
13. The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie – DIY Baked Apple Chips
14. The Girl Who Ate Everything – Chicken and Peanut Butter Lettuce Wraps
15. 17 Apart – Baked Zucchini Chips
16. 365ish Pins – Homemade Granola Bars
17. A Farm Girl’s Dabbles – Baked Chicken Nuggets with Dilly Ranch Dip
18. Amy’s Healthy Baking – Homemade Wheat Thins
19. Bake Your Day – Kale Chips
20. Brown Eyed Baker – Date Energy Bites
21. The Comfort of Cooking – Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola Apple Bites
22. Barefeet in the Kitchen – Simple Trail Mix
23. Fit Foodie Finds – Garlic Roasted Kale Chips
24. The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie – Orange-Walnut & Dried Plum Bread
25. Bake Your Day – Cinnamon Toast Greek Yogurt Dip
26. Brown Eyed Baker – Homemade Tropical Trail Mix
27. The Girl Who Ate Everything – Baked Zucchini “Fries”
I have tried ALL of these with great success, over the last couple of months, and I am keeping them in my regular meal planner.
Please try some of these – or all of them 😉 – and let me know how you like them! You can Tweet me @nataliepalombi or post on my Facebook wall!